With all the misleading messages out there on how to lose weight fast and the best fat burning diets, we clear up all the confusion with today's post so you can learn why you're not losing fat and how you can achieve the body transformation you desire.
Our Psychotherapist, Weight Loss Coach and Personal Trainer Jeff Laurence shares the 4 fat loss mistakes that he is constantly correcting people on so they are clear on the best way to reduce fat and how to get shredded.
Jeff also shares a tried and trusted fat loss tips that will move you to burn fat fast and achieve consistent fat loss results.
- The weight difference between fat and muscle and how this affects weight loss outcomes on the scale.
- How fast is too fast when losing weight? How to know if fluid or muscle loss is influencing your results.
- Explanation of the calorie deficit approach to weight loss and how you can execute a healthy approach to weight loss
- Where the Weight Loss industry disguises 'weight loss' with muscle or fluid loss which is detrimental to your healthy weight management efforts and maintaining your fat loss results.
Let's get into it!
Starting with the 4 main misconceptions of fat loss that I'm always being asked about.
1. How Can I Turn Fat Into Muscle?
2. How Can I Lose Fat In A Certain Area?
Obviously with muscle gain that is a spot specific thing so unlike the fat you can choose where you want to build those muscles depending on what muscle you work out.
3. How Fast Can I Lose Fat?
To lose fat it's actually a matter of calories in and calories out
So if you consume 2,000 calories a day but you only burn 1,500 then that extra 500 calories are going to go into your fat stores stored away for later. But then if you burn 1500 and you only eat 1,000, then those 500 are going to come from those stores and then every day really when you think about it is a new opportunity to not eat more than you burn.
So if you're actually maintaining your hydration levels and you're maintaining your muscle or growing it but you're just losing fat it's gonna happen pretty slowly. You actually can't lose that much fat that fast.
There's 7, 700 calories in one kilo of fat.
When you look at someone's normal diet the truth is they have to be in roughly a 1,000 calorie deficit every day, or more than that, to lose a kilo in a week. And so anyone who's losing more than a kilo in a week my first assumption is well you've lost muscle or it's some fluid fluctuations because most people are not in a thousand calorie deficit a day.
4. I'm Eating Well And Training Hard - Why Aren't I Losing Weight?
So on that point we're going to be talking next week about how muscle and exercise in general actually works to burn fat so if you want to stay notified about that subscribe and hit the notifications bell so you're the first to know about that.
Be inspired by Jeff's understanding, passion and experience of Weight Loss especially in areas of the human mindset, changing behaviour and building motivation.
Find out more about Private Weight Loss Coaching Sessions with Jeff here.
Keep up to date with our latest content on Hypnotherapy and Weight Loss Coaching by: